Who Should Attend Fair Housing Training?
Members of the housing industry can undertand their rights and responsibilities under law, thus preventing possible violations. Social service agencies can assure that their clients receive equal treatment under fair housing law through understanding and identifying housing discrimination. Community members can help promote diverse, open communities by being aware of discrimination and working with the Fair Housing Center to address it, or by volunteering as a tester.
Training topics include:
- Services provided by the Fair Housing Center
- Housing discrimination, including current examples
- Federal, State and Local Fair Housing Laws
- 11 Protected Classes Under Law
- Application of Fair Housing Law
- Equal Housing Opportunity Logos and Publisher's Statement
- Fair Housing Tester Training
To schedule a fair housing training for your organization, call the Fair Housing Center at (616) 451-2980 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.