15th Annual Lakeshore Fair Housing Event
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Thank you for attending! Thank you to our sponsors for your dedicated support!
The Fair Housing Center of West Michigan and Lakeshore Advisory Board was pleased host a very successful 15th Annual Lakeshore Friends of Fair Housing: Opening Doors to Housing Choice Event on Thursday, November 18, 2021. It featured an engaging panel of experts discussing how fair housing interacts with planning, zoning, and land use as well as successful efforts underway to increase housing opportunity. The event was held online via Zoom.
- Rebekah Kik - Director, City of Kalamazoo Community Planning & Economic Development
- Ryan Kilpatrick - Executive Director, Housing Next
- Amy Nelson - Executive Director, Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana
Here are links to some of the reports, guidance and cases referenced today:
- Metro. Housing Dev. v. Vil. Of Arlington Heights (IL)
- FHCCI v. Hamilton County and City of Noblesville
- HUD/DOJ Joint Statement - State and Local Land Use Laws and Practices and the Application of the Fair Housing Act
- HUD Enforcement of Local Nuisance and Crime-Free Housing Ordinances Against Victims of Domestic Violence, Other Crime Victims, and Others Who Require Police or Emergency Services
- Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana Zoning Resources
- Why are we so afraid of change in our neighborhoods? Blog by Ryan Kilpatrick
- Ottawa Housing Assessment 2021
Thanks to our generous sponsors, there was no cost to attend.
In lieu of having breakfast together, we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Lemonjello's Coffee, who will donate 20% of their sales from 6:30 am to 12 noon to the FHCWM! Stop by for a delicious treat! Lemonjello's Coffee is located on 61 9th St., Holland, MI 49423; Online ordering is available!
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
BVW Property Management
West Michigan Community Bank